As someone that has extremely sensitive skin, so bad that I can’t use most soaps, shampoos, conditioners, creams, body washes or “oils” without breaking out in a horrible rash, I’m going to start this review by saying that I think I may have just found my miracle product – Trust massage oil!
I know toting it as a “miracle product” is a very big statement, however I stand behind that 110%. Never have I found a product that treated my delicate skin so wonderfully;
- I’ve used it after I shaved and it minimized the red bumps (don’t you just hate those?!) while also leaving my skin feeling soft, supple, moisturized and pampered.
- Living in a part of the world that has a pretty cold climate often = very dry skin that flakes and itches like crazy. I can use Trust oil on my elbows, arms, legs and it instantly soothes my skin, yet doesn’t sting, burn or irritate, a problem I find with a lot of other “oils” I’ve used.
- It’s fantastic for massages as it allows the hands/ to slide gently over the skin without any pulling or tugging. Even better, it doesn’t leave you feeling oily, coated in product, slippery or sticky.
- Speaking of pulling or tugging, it’s great for hand jobs and using as a lubricant during clitoral stimulation (just make sure that you’re not using it as a lube with condoms as they’ll break).
- Last but not least, it’s great for taking care of your hands and nails. My biggest problem has always been that my nails split, break, peel and tear, yet ever since I began using it my nails haven’t split, cracked or peeled half as badly as they used to. #winning
Basically put, it’s quality made and you can feel the difference!
Trust massage oil comes packaged in a beautiful deep blue 10oz glass bottle. It’s professional, respectful and looks very high end. If I didn’t know better, I’d expect to see it on the shelf of major department stores and high end boutiques (Sephora etc).
There is nothing on the packaging that is rude, crude or embarrassing; just the ingredients, use suggestions, warning (do not use with latex etc) and where to go for more info (the website).
*side note: when I received my bottle of oil there was no extra packaging, instead it came wrapped in bubble wrap to ensure it didn’t break during transport. Eco friendly packaging for the win!
All Natural Ingredients
What makes the product so fantastic (for me) is the lack of parabens, petrochemicals, glycerin and preservatives. Instead, Trust only uses quality, organic, food grade and kosher ingredients like all natural Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil and Apricot Kernel Oil.
For those of you not in the know, there are numerous benefits to each of the ingredients:
Grapeseed oil is a light, odorless natural oil derived from Italian grape seeds that’s suitable for all skin types. Because of it’s high amount of Linoleic Acid, it’s often used in beauty products for its anti-inflammatory and moisture retention properties. It’s also known to be a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from premature aging and is effective in fighting acne. If that wasn’t enough, it’s also great for helping to diminish stretch marks and does a fantastic job of moisturizing and repairing the delicate area around the eyes.
Avocado oil is rich in vitamins and minerals as it contains vitamin A, B1, B2, D and E, in addition to lethicin, beta-carotene and potassium, all of which are wonderful for skin rejuvenation. It has also been purported to provide moisturizing, nourishing and revitalizing properties particularly for dehydrated, delicate, mature and sensitive skin. It’s also great for relieving the extreme dryness and itching of skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
Apricot Kernel Oil
Avocado oil is purported to have a higher degree of penetration into the epidermis than most carrier oils thereby providing a moisturizing and softening affect on the skin. It is often used on dry or mature skin, people suffering from eczema, psoriasis or similar skin complaints. It is also used for to treat sun or climate damaged skin that is dehydrated and under nourished, as it is purported to help with the regeneration of the skin and softening of the tissue.
*information taken from the Trust website.
On that note, there is one thing missing that I almost expected in an oil – a smell. Very surprisingly there is no scent. Okay, fine, maybe a slight hint of something (oil?), but it’s not harsh, heavy, overwhelming, powdery or otherwise offensive and it doesn’t give me a headache. Matter of fact, unless you’re really looking for a scent, you wont find one. Of course you could add a few drops of your favorite organic aromatherapy oil to give it a scent, but for all intensive purposes it’s odorless and I like that.
When it came to things I didn’t like there were none. Seriously, I love this stuff!
If you’re looking for a multi purpose oil, one that’s made of all natural, organic, food grade, vegan, kosher ingredients and not filled with harsh chemicals that leave you feeling sticky, tacky, oily or coated in product, I suggest you stop looking and grab yourself a bottle of something every relationship needs – Trust – your body will thank you!
*The product regularly retails for $39.99 – however, and big thanks to the company for this, if you use code KARA SUTRA at the checkout you’ll only pay $29.97. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!!