When it comes to couples vibes for use during intercourse you’ve got a few options to choose from, the external clitoral stimulator Fixsation panty set, the We-Vibe (with it’s many incarnations), simple to use
yet not always fulfilling cock rings, and the newest kid on the block; the remote controlled Lelo SenseMotion Tiani 2 (an updated version of the original Tiani – a product I opted not to review thanks to the disgruntled review it received from one of my fave reviewers, Dangerous Lilly).
Fortunately all of the design issues the original Tiani faced have been fixed, creating a product that’s easy to use (whether alone or with a partner), whisper quiet, discreet, comfortable, totally stunning, body safe, waterproof, and rechargeable. With everything it has to offer the Tiani 2 encompasses pretty much everything I look for in a couples vibe, now add to that the fact that there’s a remote control (one that actually works) and I’m pretty damn impressed.
Like everything LELO does the product is very professionally packaged; the box is both colorful and pretty with nothing on it that’s rude, inappropriate or tacky. There’s no nudity, profanity, or cheesy slogans, nor is there anything else that might make you recoil at the sight of it. The box itself is “designer” in appearance and could easily be mistaken for an unknown high-tech gadget found in a department store or high end boutique.
Once the outer box is removed you’ll find a matte cardboard box with the LELO logo embossed in shiny black on the front, inside the box sits the Tiani 2, remote, and a small compartment that holds the attachment, charging cord, and a sample packet of Lelo Personal Moisturizer (a.k.a lubricant).
*For the record mine didn’t come with instructions, batteries, the “key” to open the battery compartment or the satin pouch. When I asked my contact at the company about this she suggested I check the space under where the vibe sits as they often slide down and get missed. Unfortunately mine still didn’t have them, but that isn’t to say yours won’t.
Considering it’s a product made by LELO I had very high expectations, how could I not, they’re the makers of my fave dual stimulator Ina, designed what I think may be one of the very best g-spot targeted silicone dildos on the market, Ella, and were one of the first intimate accessory manufacturers to branch into the ‘luxury’ market with an amazing response from consumers and retailers. Over the years they’ve set the bar fairly high for others to follow, with their newest upgrade, Tiani 2, being no exception.
As expected Tiani 2 is very well-made with much attention paid to detail, functionality and appearance;
- The body is sleek, compact and futuristic, with a texture that’s velvety smooth to the touch, supple and very luxurious, to be honest, it looks more like something you’d use in conjunction with an iPhone or iPod than during intercourse.
- Each of the attachments can be easily affixed with a quick twist of the wrist and don’t require any additional parts or locking pieces. On top of that, they’re highly flexible, allowing them to bend, move and shift with you and your partner(s) when in the moment.
- The bulbous design of the external portion makes stimulating the vulva easy to achieve. For those of you with a higher placed clitoris this may be all you have to go with since targeting the clit may be a tad difficult.
- Vaginal insertion with or without lube is comfortable due to the texture of the silicone, and once inserted, the thinness of the ‘arms’ make adding a penis (or dildo) much easier than I found with the We-Vibe.
- On that note, the entire product is comfortable. Not once did I feel like I was being poked or prodded, nor did it feel like there was something “extra” crammed inside me.
- Since the vibe is rechargeable you don’t have to worry about batteries, it’s also waterproof for use in the bath or shower (just make sure the attachments are properly secured and there’s no overlapping parts where water may get inside).
- The silicone used is totally body safe and non-toxic, hypoallergenic, hygienic, non-porous, odourless and phthalate/latex free, with the colors being bright and punchy (you’ve got the option of black, purple or fuschia).
- Finally, all LELO products come with a 1 year replacement warranty and and a 10 year guarantee – in the world of sex toys that’s a really big deal!
Everything considered there’s nothing about it that’s cheap, intimidating or tasteless, though I will admit, I found the metallic goldish bar wrapping the body to be slightly garish. Of course that’s just a matter of appearance, for some it will lend itself well to the high-end market they’re targeting.
As for the attachments, I personally like that they included two, especially since the original didn’t do much for me, nor did it stay in place very well. Having said that, I’m not sure if it was because of the slight lip/indent (not really visible in the bottom right photo), tiny increase in length and thickness, the squared and therefore wider surface area, or all of the above, but the second version did much more for me than the original when it came to g-spot stimulation.
Considering my Tiani 2 didn’t come with any instructions I was left to my own devices when it came to figuring it out, and to be honest, for as comfortable with technology
and vibrators as I am, it was a bit of a challenge. So for those of you that find yourself in my predicament, I hope this helps:
For Use Without the Remote (Solo Mode)
To power on the toy, push the button located on the lower portion of the vibe and hold down for a few seconds, to cycle through the patterns simply press the button, each time you press it you’ll jump to the next setting. Unfortunately there is no ‘back’ button so if you accidentally jump past your fave setting you have to cycle through them again. To turn it off simply press and hold the button for 3 seconds and it will power down. Just keep in mind that the speed during solo mode is set at the highest and cannot be increased or decreased without the remote.
For Use With the Remote (SenseMotion Mode)
Before I go on I just want to make sure to mention a few things:
- In SenseMotion mode the controller will vibrate in sync with the toy so the person holding it can feel what the person with the vibe feels, however you can turn it off by holding down the “|” button.
- If the remote loses the signal the vibrations won’t stop, they’ll just go back to the basic vibration.
- Each of the products must be powered on and off separately – you can’t turn off the vibe by using the remote.
- If you hold down the “+” and “|” buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds the remote will lock, press them again and they’ll unlock. It’s a nifty little addition, but I don’t know if it’s something I’d ever use.
Power on the vibe as before, then power on the wireless remote by pressing the “+” button located on the silicone side (I suggest allowing at least 5 seconds for the connection to be made between the two devices). Once the connection is established, proceed to whichever “SenseMotion” mode you want by pressing the middle button (if you want the first setting press it once, if you want the second setting press it twice etc), you’ve got 3 to choose from:
1.) Simply twist the remote from horizontal to vertical position to increase or decrease the intensity of the vibration. It’s actually pretty cool when you’re holding it to feel the change in speed.
2.) Move the remote any way you wish, shake it, roll it, flip it etc. and the vibe will react in different ways – consider this your ‘free for all’ mode (the faster you move the controller, the more intense the vibrations become. Can we say fun? I think we can!).
3.) If you have a certain pattern you like (be it pulsation, escalation, steady vibe etc – there’s 6 patterns to choose from), simply press the middle button until you find it, once you find it you can press the “+” or “|” buttons to increase or decrease the power of the vibrations.
To power off the remote hold down the “|” for 3 seconds.
As for the actual usage of the product, it’s got quite a bit going for it:
- Both the vibe and cordless remote are whisper quiet, allowing for an ease of experimentation, in private or public, that’s free of the distraction many other louder vibes often beget (it can’t be heard though clothes, walls or doors).
- The remote is palm sized and ergonomically designed making it easy to hold and manipulate in the moment, without also being heavy, awkward or bulky.
- Unlike other products that require pressing a button to get a desired change in vibration, simply turning, twisting or shaking the remote changes the speed, offering the opportunity to play without having to constantly stop and see what you’re doing.
- Quite surprisingly the range from remote to vibe is rather impressive, with the remote maintaining contact with the vibe just over 20ft (we didn’t try any farther though the website states it’s good for up to 39ft).
- Regarding the vibrations, you’re looking at a mix of surface level and buzzy or slightly rumbly depending on the setting/speed, having said that they’re surprisingly strong for a smaller product and carry the sensation through the entire body of the toy rather nicely.
- Once charged the product has a 9o day stand-by, with a two hour charge offering around 2 hrs worth of play time, for most that’s more than enough to mutually reach an orgasm. Wanting to test the toy I turned it on and left it sitting for just over 2 1/2 hours, when I came back it was still going, though the light was flashing to indicate that it needed to be recharged.
All in all it’s fun to play with, though there is a definite learning curve, with or without the instructions. Having said that, I’d highly suggest playing with it on your own before inviting a partner, otherwise you’ll likely find yourself lost and confused, wondering wtf you’re doing, and in the process, miss out on some of the kick ass features Tiani 2 has to offer during partner play.
Recharging the Tiani 2 is actually really simple, just remove whichever attachment you’re using, plug the adapter into the white portion that juts out from the body of the vibe and plug it into the outlet. During charging a small light (the same one that indicates that it’s on) will blink, once fully charged it will continually glow. For a two hour charge you’ll get around 2 hours worth of use, with a 90 day stand-by time.
Rather than being rechargeable like the vibe, the remote requires 2 AAA batteries. To insert them you’ll need to take the “key”, place the flat portion into the center indentation and twist, once you’ve done this the back should pop off and you can insert the batteries. Unfortunately mine didn’t come with the “key” so I had to use a random penny.
Care & Cleaning
Because it’s crafted out of body safe silicone that won’t absorb bodily fluids, lube or bacteria, it won’t need the same heavy duty cleaning other products require, as such simply washing it with warm water and antibacterial soap should suffice.
*I’d also suggest removing the arm and giving the internal parts a wipe with a damp cloth or toy wipe as fluids can sometimes make their way into and under the seam. Just make sure to avoid getting any of the water or soap into the charging socket of the toy.
Regarding lubes I’d only suggest a good water-based version since a silicone lube would likely ruin the product over time.
When it comes to my personal dislikes, there’s a few worth mentioning;
- Depending on your body and where your clit/g-spot are located (high or low/deep or shallow) the ‘arms’ may or may not be able to deliver stimulation exactly where you need it. Fortunately the inclusion of another ‘arm’ might make targeting the g-spot a bit more of a reality for some.
- Because the arms aren’t very long or thick, some may have a hard time with them staying in place. There were a few occasions where the vibe shifted for us during use (mostly due to the positions we were in), but with it being rather thin and not too intrusive, reaching down and adjusting it back into place (with him inserted) wasn’t very difficult.
- The remote runs on batteries rather than being rechargeable, not exactly impressive, but I’ll deal with it.
- If you’re not very tech-savvy it may be slightly overwhelming to figure out how to make it work (with the remote). Then again, considering we’re becoming a very technologically invested society, that could also be considered a selling point. Being that mine didn’t come with instructions there was a bit of a learning curve, leaving me to fiddle for some time on my own before venturing into partner play.
- Depending on how “tight” you are (God I hate that word!), or how large your partner is, it may not be comfortable during intercourse. Alternatively it may also be highly stimulating, adding that little something extra to help you get off… I found the latter to be the case with us.
- It’s not exactly cheap (available for between $119 – $159 depending on the website) but then again I don’t expect it to be – like any high end intimate accessory it’s an INVESTMENT. You’re paying for quality, durability, functionality and luxury – all of the things you don’t get with cheaper made products mass produced by big corporate manufacturers.
- If you hate finger prints or smudge marks the metallic goldish side of the remote may make you crazy. Lint on silicone is my pet peeve so I was fine.
- Although the silicone is virtually seamless, the parts where the connectors attach does have a seam which may collect fluids and debris, along with being potentially uncomfortable.
- Even though it’s relatively powerful it may not be enough to some to climax with.
Having said all of that I still think the Tiani 2 is a pretty incredible little toy. Yes, it has its issues, but for the most part it’s fun… and sex should almost always be fun!
If you’ve been on the hunt for a remote controlled vibe designed for use during intercourse, one that’s body safe, whisper quiet, comfortable, and discreet, while also being rechargeable, waterproof and luxurious, the Tiani 2 may just be what you’ve been looking for. Sure there are other versions of wireless vibes available, but the SenseMotion technology is what sets it in a class of its own; not only does it blend high end intimate accessories with a functionality that’s hard to beat, it puts you and your partner(s) in a state of control that may have previously been impossible to achieve.
Enter your email address: