Over the years a lot of people have sent messages asking about tips for getting sex toys on sale. So, in an attempt to help I’ve curated this list of tips and suggestions below. Hopefully they’ll point you in the right direction and keep you from spending unnecessarily, it’s just a matter of putting a few simple things into practice.
Tips & Suggestions
- If there is a specific brand that you like or retailer you trust, check their website for an email sign up. Very often it will include a coupon code for one time use valued at between 10% – 25% off once you’ve confirmed your subscription.
- Shop around. Retailers compete with each other, if a company does a sale one week, another retailer will often have the same item, or similar, on sale the following week for a matched or lower price.
- Email your favorite companies and ask about upcoming sales. Yes, most of the time they want to sell products at regular price, but if they’ve got good customer service, are on the ball, and want to keep their customers happy they’ll share. (Hint: Tantus has an upcoming sale, if you want to know about it email me!)
- Buy from reputable manufacturers. This should be a no-brainer, but when it comes to sex toys you get what you pay for. If you buy something cheap, I can almost guarantee it’ll break within a few months, if not weeks. Tantus, Vixen Creations, BS is Nice, Happy Valley, Fun Factory, JimmyJane, We-Vibe, Crystal Delights, Fleshlight, OhMiBod, and Lelo, to name a few, are all reputable companies. The toys they make are on the higher end of the spectrum, but they’re well worth it. Especially since you won’t be replacing them every month or so.
- Choose a material that lasts. If you want a toy that will last you a life time (or rarely need replacing) get something made of 100% medical grade silicone, properly treated wood, glass, stainless steel, or ceramic. No jelly, TPE/TPR, rubber, silicone blends etc. Not only do they tend to break down or “melt”, they’re not body safe, will likely leach harmful chemicals into your body, and/or can’t be fully sterilized. Yuck.
- Spend a bit more. I know this sort of cancels out the frugality, but many online shops offer discounted (if not FREE) shipping with orders over a certain amount. Very often the amount you’d spend on shipping can be the same as what you’d spend on getting something for yourself. I don’t know about you but I’d much rather have something to show for my hard earned cash.
- Ask your fave reviewers about upcoming contests/giveaways. While their main content will usually be the reviews, very often they’ll also include giveaways or contests.
- Look for package deals. Some companies like JimmyJane and Fleshlight offer better savings if you purchase a group of items together. I hunted down all the best Fleshlight deals and posted them here, or check out the JimmyJane collections.
- Use coupon codes whenever you get the chance. All the best companies have rotating coupon codes, for example PinkCherry has the coveted Njoy Pure Wand at a DRASTICALLY reduced price w/ code “BEAUTY” (it’s on sale for $66 w/ the code, the lowest I’ve seen it anywhere else is closer to $100). Heads up, they usually change their code through out the month, so if you want a deal at a good price you’ll have to check back often.
- Stay away from sites like Amazon. Sure, you can get stuff cheaper, however there’s a very likely chance it’s a knock off. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard from people that thought they were getting a deal only to find out the product they received wasn’t legit.
I’ve compiled a list of the best sex toy sales for everyone, updated monthly or when decent sales happen. If you’re looking for something specific, it might be a good place to start.
Hopefully this will help you find something you’ll love at a price that’s more than reasonable! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Sit back, relax, let me come to you. Sign up through the form below and get my posts sent straight to your inbox. Don’t worry, I promise not to spam you!