If you’ve found yourself on this page it’s probably because you’re curious about sex toys and wondered if they work, what they do, or how to use them. Maybe you’re already familiar with sex toys and have found yourself wondering which ones stand the test of time. Either way, I’m proud of you for wanting to become educated and glad you decided to liberate yourself from the socially judgemental chains that bind.
What Are Sex Toys?
By definition, the term 'sex toys' refers to any object or device used for sexual stimulation or to enhance sexual pleasure. With that in mind, they can be anything from dildos to vibrators, sex swings to positioning aides, handheld massagers to electrostimulation devices, butt plugs to cock rings, even things found around the house can be used as sex toys.
Types of Sex Toys
Sex toys come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, textures, and materials, all with an abundance of uses and purposes;
- A tried and true traditional style vibrator (pictured right) is a simple toy that can help you achieve an orgasm by yourself or with a partner.
- If you like the feeling of vibrations on your clitoris you might want to look at a bullet or vibrating egg, something that cuddles the clit, a vibrator designed to be worn or a “pocket rocket“. Most of these will be smaller in design than a product that’s meant to be inserted and usually come in a variety of vibration options.
- If you enjoy penetration or the feeling of having something inside you a dildo might be a good choice.
- Some have lovely curved bodies for G-Spot stimulation, while others offer a very thick shaft for those that like a ‘fuller’ feeling.
- Maybe you're new to anal play and want something small. If so, a basic butt plug would be great.
- Looking to last longer or have stronger orgasms and/or ejaculations? There's quite a few decent cock rings to choose from.
- Perhaps you want to add extra girth or length to your penis, a penis pump or penis sleeve could help.
- People in long distance relationships and/or those with a voyeuristic side can explore with app enabled devices.
Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are literally thousands of different types of sex toys. No matter the want, need, or desire, there's something for everyone.
If you're still unsure about what sex toys are, how they work, or what they do, there are other websites like www.SexToyEducation.com that offer a plethora of helpful information. For those that aren't yet ready to buy sex toys and would instead like to explore with options available at home, there's this DIY dildo guide that covers all the basics. Or, if you want to really cover your bases, I created this highly informative guide to Homemade Sex Toys that has everything you need to know.
Beginners Sex Guides:
Choosing Your Perfect Sex Toy
What Are Sex Toys?
Here's Everything You Need To Know