Okay, so the product isn’t meant for sex or to have sex with – but considering its nature I really just couldn’t resist.
The Ice Lugez Adult Molds come in two styles; a set of life size set of tits or a penis that you fill with water and use for taking shots from… now I know that sounds like fun, but the real fun of it is where you take the shots from; the tip of the penis or the nipples. It’s all kinds of cheesy and tacky, yet I absolutely loved it!
*I’ll be honest, writing this description just doesn’t do the product justice. You really have to see it for yourself (and take a shot or two) to appreciate it.
How To Use
When you first get your Ice Lugez Mold it will come completely sealed with only an opening the back (a circular hole that’s an inch in diameter used to fill the product with water). Aside from being completely sealed there are also going to be two curved rubber tubes that run from the top of the product down through the center, finally stopping at the nipples (once removed this will allow the shots to pour through). Inside the rubber tubes are metal wires that have been inserted to help keep the shape while the product freezes. I know that I don’t technically have to explain that, but it’s better if you have an idea of what you’re getting before you buy it so you’re not shocked when it arrives.
In regard to using the product the preparation is extremely easy; just fill the the mold 2/3 full with water and set it in your freezer for 24 hours. Once the it’s set fill it the rest of the way with cool water (warm water will crack it) and put it back in your freezer for 24 hours to freeze.
Once the product is frozen and you’re ready to use it you have to cut the entire seam to get it out. Then as if that wasn’t enough, you also have to pull the metal wire and hoses out, while trying not to crack or break the mold.
That said, if you are going to get this product, which I still highly suggest simply because it’s so much fun and really will be the life of the party, these are a list of tips that I wish I was told or were included in the instructions before I used it;
- Make sure that you freeze it at least 2 days before your party or get together. I received mine the day before my party and was totally stressed about whether it would freeze in time or not. If you give yourself a few days grace you’ll remove a lot of the “before party stress” and guarantee that it will be done before you need it. As for my experience, I cranked my fridge to the coldest setting in an attempt to get it to freeze in time, which it did, but it also froze a lot of veggies and products in my actual fridge that I had to throw out as a result. Chalk it up to a “dumb blond moment”.
- Before you fill it make sure you have enough room in your freezer for it. The Ice Rack measures just over 12 inches in height, 12 inches in length and 7 inches in width. Suffice to say it is rather large – life size actually. On that note, there is nothing worse then lugging a very heavy product (that’s also awkward to carry) from one spot to another only to realize that you have to move a bunch of shit out of the way just to make it fit. (If you’re not very strong have someone else carry it for you. Trust me, these fuckers are heavy!)
- Make sure that you have a surface that it will sit on without falling over and have it set and ready to go before the party starts. This was something I didn’t even think of and ended up having to prop it in a bucket filled with ice – not the most esthetically pleasing display if you ask me.
- When the time comes to remove it let it sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before doing any cutting. There is a likely chance that the ice may crack if you start too soon and the product hasn’t had a chance to acclimate.
Set aside a few hours before your to party to remove it from the mold. If you don’t you’ll end up having to take either an hour out of your time with guests or you’re going to be totally nervous that the person holding the knife has had one too many drinks and might slip and cut them selves. (fortunately I had a designated driver at my party that was sober enough to cut it out, otherwise my birthday might have resulted in a hospital visit)
- When removing the metal wires and rubber tubes pour a little warm water through them first. This will help to melt some of the ice making removal much easier. Also, make sure to use something like pliers when pulling on the metal so that you don’t hurt yourself (I learned from experience on that one).
- Finally, keep in mind that it is made of ice and is going to melt as the night wears on. That said, I suggest you have either a towel, bucket or tub set up to catch the spill off. I didn’t and ended up with quite a mess.
Now I realize I probably sound like I’m complaining, and to a certain degree I am, but that’s only because I went into it completely unprepared and with no real knowledge of what I was doing.
However, if you follow the tips I’ve outlined for you I’m sure your experience with the Ice Lugez products will be completely different and much better than mine. If it counts for anything, even with the hassle they were the first time around I plan on getting one of each gender for our stag and stagette next year just because they were so much fun!
In regard to the negatives; other then the stress and mess not being prepared can cause (which is why I highly suggest you listen to my advice) the product is also good for only one use. While they aren’t expensive at all, at under $30.00, I would have much rather spent twice (possibly even 3 times) that amount and bought one that was reusable.
So for the makers of the Ice Lugez (if you’re reading), maybe creating 2 versions; one that’s a “one time use only” for those that aren’t sure about it and then another that’s more expensive but reusable would be a good idea. I know I’d buy one…or two.
All in all I think the Ice Lugez was and is a totally amazing product, especially considering it’s so reasonably priced. Yes it was frustrating and overwhelming, but then again I can attribute that to my trying to rush to get it done and not having any clue as to what the hell I was doing with it, which in reality is my own fault.
*Keep in mind that if you take me out of the equation and ask anyone that attended my 31st birthday what they thought of it, I’m pretty sure they would all say it was hilarious, fun, the life of the party and definitely worth the wait!
Remember guys, if you support me and what I do please also support the sponsors. The more you support them, the more willing they will be to support me and send such fantastic products my way…without them, I have no way of showing you what’s worthy of your time and hard earned cash. Trust me, I know just how much crap there is on the market…kick ass products like the ones I get to review for all of you are few and far between!