I just started getting hot and heavy with a partner after being single for 3 years and keep finding magazine articles on pubic hair and shaving, which is really intimidating. I’ve never done it so I’m not sure what’s “right” or “wrong”, hell, I haven’t even figured out if I’d like the way I look totally bare down there!
Do you have any suggestions or advice that could help, I’m totally lost! Should I shave my pubic hair?
Before I get into it I just want to stress that shaving your pubic hair is not required or necessary for an intimate, fun, and respectful sexual experience. It is a choice that only you can make and shouldn’t feel pressured to do, even by society.
When it comes to maintaining pubic hair, everyone is different. Like clothing or hairstyle, it’s a matter of individual preference. Some people don’t do anything with their pubic hair, leaving it to grow naturally. Some only remove hair when they’ll be wearing a bathing suit or engaging in intimate activities, and some remove hair regularly as part of their routine. As I said, it’s a decision that’s totally left up to you.
One thing I do want for you to keep in mind is that there are no real health benefits associated with removing pubic hair, so choose what feels right for you.
If you do decide to bare it all these are some tips and tricks I think you might find helpful;
First a few Warnings…
- Never use the old-fashioned straight edge razor. It is unsuitable for pubic hair removal and can be dangerous.
- Never use a razor on bare skin, it can cause razor burn and be especially painful.
- Don’t share your razors — this can spread skin infections.
- Never use a hair removal cream like Nair, it can get into the vagina and cause serious pain not to mention possible infections.
As for tips and tricks…
- Opt for a more expensive good quality razor rather than a cheap throw away which is more likely to cause nicks, soreness and razor burns in this sensitive area.
- If the pubic hair is thick and long use small scissors to trim down the hair to about a quarter of an inch. This will avoid blunting and clogging the razor too quickly.
- Alternatively, take a long hot bath or stay in the shower for a while making sure the pubic area is soaked well. Pubic hair is coarser than the hair on your head and needs more time to soften.
- Apply plenty of shaving foam or gel over the area and leave for a few minutes to soften further. Ordinary soap is not suitable as it does not lock in the moisture to the hair the way a shaving cream or gel does.
- Make sure there is shaving foam on the skin each time you make a stroke with the razor.
- Rinse the razor every couple of strokes as it will clog easily.
- To make pubic hair removal less stressful for the skin, massage unscented Vitamin E oil into the pubic area after shaving.
If however you’re not into the idea of shaving you may be interested in any of the other options available like;
- Waxing: It can hurt, particularly when one is new to the method, but leaves the area pretty smooth, and lasts one to six weeks, depending on the person. If you’re really brave, you can get waxing kits online for decent prices.
- Electrolysis: Usually done by a professional, but there are home electrolysis systems as well. It may take a long time, usually a minimum of six treatments before the job is done. It is probably the most popular choice for permanent hair removal. One hair is removed at a time.
- Epilators — A machine that yanks the hair out, roots and all. Lasts one to six weeks. Personal note: I did this once on a dare and let me tell you it hurts like hell!!! I don’t advise it… but it is an option. If you’re brave you can find home epilators here.
- Lasers — Extremely fast, and usually less pain than with electrolysis. Effects are long lasting and may be permanent after several sessions.
So that’s pretty much it. Hopefully between the video and written content you’ll be shaving your hair like a pro… or maybe you’re totally comfortable with it as is, and if that’s the case MORE POWER TO YOU!
Sit back, relax, let me come to you. Sign up for mailing list and get content only when I post it. Don’t worry I promise not to spam you!